Uniform Policy & Sales
SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY
(Extract from “School Behaviour Management Plan”)
The wearing of full school uniform is compulsory at Holy Family School. It is a condition of enrolment at the school. A separate uniform applies for summer and winter conditions. The wearing of full school uniform is a great way for students to develop self pride. It is also a means by which students can honour their school. We encourage the wearing of the school’s metal badge during school hours. Sports polo shirts, sloppy joes, hats, sports shorts, wind jackets, trackpants, ties, metal and cloth badges are available from the school office. All other items are available in shops in Bathurst.
GIRLS SCHOOL UNIFORM (Items in blue are only available at the School Office / Items in black are only available at other retail outlets)
Summer (Terms 1 & 4)
Pink gingham dress
Winter (Terms 2 & 3)
Maroon tunic or slacks
Maroon pleated skirt OR maroon unisex shorts
Maroon, white, pink gingham ribbons / scrunchies / headbands only.
Girls haircuts and styles should be neat and tidy.
BOYS SCHOOL UNIFORM (Items in blue are only available at the School Office / Items in black are only available at other retail outlets)
Summer (Terms 1 & 4)
Grey school shorts
Winter (Terms 2 & 3)
Long grey school trousers
School polo shirt (short or long sleeved)
Boys haircuts should be short and neat.
- Socks need to be ankle length for regular uniform and sports uniforms.
- Senior students who have represented the Diocese of Bathurst or NSW CPS Polding Catholic Schools, are permitted to wear their representative sports polo shirt on the school's sports day.
- Year 6 students are permitted to wear the Year 6 rugby polo top as part of their sports uniform on sports day.
SCHOOL JEWELLERY / MAKE-UP / HAIRCUT POLICY:
It is a condition of enrolment that students comply with the School Jewellery / Make-up /Haircut Policy. This is part of our overall School Uniform Policy.
- Only single studs to be worn by girls as earrings. (Our school preference is that boys do not wear earrings.)
- No bangles, anklets, wrist bands, foot bands or necklaces to be worn. (Religious medals or small crucifix may be worn on a chain.)
- No finger rings.
- No sleepers as ear jewellery.
- No double or multiple studs to be worn.
- Facial make-up is not to be worn. (Make-up includes eye shadow, mascara, eye liner, foundation, tinted facial moisturizer, blusher, lipstick, lip-gloss.)
- Nail polish is not to be worn.
- Notes on ‘Haircuts’ are outlined in above sections.
- School authorities have the final say as to the appropriateness of a hairstyle.
- A student with an inappropriate haircut may be excluded from school until the style or cut is made compliant.
WHS (Work Health & Safety):
As a WHS matter, and due to possible injury to self or others during sport and at play times, the above Policy applies to all students at Holy Family School.
The School Jewellery / Make-Up / Haircut Policy forms part of our Discipline and School Uniform Policy. The school reserves the right to request removal of non-compliant jewellery. As well, the school reserves the right to exclude a student from classes and/or school events and extra curricula opportunities, as a result of non-compliance to the Jewellery / Make-Up / Haircut Policy. Parents accept this policy and these conditions when they sign the Enrolment Agreement at the school.
* * *
- Parkas and coats may be worn during winter but full school uniform must be worn underneath. Parkas/coats/jackets are to be either Maroon, Black or Navy (or the HFS Jacket).
- Uniforms can be purchased from Marietta’s, Lowes, Big W or on-line at “Dressed For School”.
- If your child has a genuine allergy to wool, a knitted cotton jumper may be worn. Grey and maroon sloppy joes are not permitted.
SCHOOL OFFICE UNIFORM SALES
Holy Family School office stocks sports uniform items as well as other items. These are available for purchase over the counter. For a full price list, please click the link at the bottom of this page.
Note: Prices can change pending batch costs from our suppliers.
SECOND HAND HFS UNIFORM POOL:
Holy Family School also operates a Uniform Pool. This is situated in a small room near our Canteen. The Pool is a service run by volunteers. It enables parents to buy and sell quality second hand uniform items. The Uniform Pool is open each Thursday from 3.00pm – 3.30pm.
If you would like to put uniform items into the pool for sale, please download the No. 1 form below titled “Uniform Pool Rules and Form”.
If you have previously had items in the Pool and have filled this form in and now have extra items, please download the No. 2 form titled “Uniform Pool Extra Items”.
If you have uniform from a high school, please download the No. 3 form below.
- “Marietta’s Clothing” (George Street) is a specific school uniform retailers in Bathurst. As well, stores such as Big W and Lowes sell some of our uniform items.
- On-line ordering of some uniform items: “Dressed For School” www.dressedforschool.com.au